End of Furlough Support
30 September, 2021
As the government furlough scheme ends, the team at Business Doncaster are here to help businesses ensure you can access the latest local, regional and national help and support available.
Doncaster Council through Business Doncaster is committed to supporting you and your business during these uncertain times.
Whilst we begin to emerge from the impacts of COVID 19, we want to assure you that you are not alone. If you are worried that your business will struggle to survive with furlough ending or need to discuss any future business plans, you can speak to the Business Doncaster team by calling 01302 735555.
The iPort Academy and GatewayEast Academy are free dedicated recruitment and training support facilities specifically for businesses located at or undertaking investments at iPort, one of Doncaster’s largest and well known logistics parks and home to well-known brands including Amazon, Ceva Logistics, Lidl and Fellowes and GatewayEast, home to Doncaster Sheffield Airport.
For further information on the iPort Academy call 01302 736632 or for GatewayEast Academy call 01302 736161.
Support for Individuals
If you are an individual facing redundancy or coming to the end of furlough you can access free bespoke support from the Doncaster Employment Hub.
The Employment Hub is a single access ‘Jobs, Skills and Enterprise’ gateway for all ages, providing simplified access to information, guidance and support for employment, training and self-employment.
You can find actual job vacancies, as well as support with applying for roles and navigation of the employer’s application process. We provide a direct link to employers at the Doncaster iPort and GatewayEast Academies.
For further information visit: startindoncaster.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, call 01302 735554 between 10am – 1pm weekdays*
Advance Doncaster can help you to:
- Explore careers and opportunities locally via the weekly vacancy updates and the career prospectuses as well as personalised support from the ‘Advance Team’ to help you progress in your chosen career.
- Access 1:1 support, workshops and events to develop your skills, confidence and knowledge, work on personal and behaviour statements, CVs and support with your job application process.
- Access additional training or development to help you progress in your career.
- Get tailored support if you are aged18-24 and claiming Universal Credit, via the dedicated Youth Hub, supporting you into work, with access to apprenticeships, jobs and Kickstart vacancies.
- Start your own business or become self-employed through ‘Launchpad’ via; one to one advice, access to information, workshops and business experts. Launchpad can also support micro enterprises that need support with their business.