Ops Concession Data Analyst
Job ID: 1820943
Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
We are currently seeking a qualified Data Analyst (m/f) to support our team.
This role is not location specific and can be filled at any of our UK FCs.
The position will work closely with the Inbound, Outbound, and Inventory Control operations to develop tools and analyze data to support improvement initiatives, dig deep into data to determine root cause of defects, build and maintain decision support tools, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements in FC Concessions.
Concessions (customer refunds) is one of the most customer facing and complex areas of the business which we have. We work with the FCs and Carriers every day to improve visibility on Concessions metrics, to streamline our actions. At the same time, the complexity of this area comes with the opportunity for great innovation. We have a very aggressive 2022 roadmap involving brand new tools which will revolutionize the way our business deals with the true root causes of problems leading to disappointed customers.
· Ensure key performance metrics are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform detailed analysis on behaviors and processes impacting inventory integrity.
· Possess or gain expertise in key process paths and exception handling ensuring that process discipline is adhered to across all shifts and departments.
· Measurement of quality & inventory transaction integrity accuracy while providing feedback to the operations.
· Partner with Area Managers & Operations Managers in the communication of policies in accordance to standard work.
· Support other FC requests for data support (queries, reports/database creation).
· Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
· Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
Ability to write complex SQL queries (RedshiftSQL / MySQL / PostgreSQL / OracleSQL) or Experience in Machine learning
· Good Excel Skills
· Good verbal and written English skills
· Strong Teamwork - able to explain complex situations to mixed audiences internally
· Able to work with flexibility
· Having a university degree in IT.
· Ability to write scripts in Python or Ruby or Java or any other programming languages.
· Experience in working with Ruby on Rails
· Experience in designing webpages using frameworks like Bootstrap, JQuery, React or AngularJS
· You can connect different web application using APIs or the Coral Service Framework and you are familiar with REST
· Experience with NoSQL Databases like ElasticSearch, DynamoDB or MongoDB
· Experience with programming in teams using a version control system like Git
· Strong analytical and organization skills and ability to influence Sr. Team based on findings
· Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Possess the self-confidence to push back on Sr. Team based on data findings and detailed analysis
· Work to create team environment to openly discuss trends and develop and drive the implementation of new solutions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Company: Amazon
- Location: Doncaster
- Job details: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive