Amazon is focused on ensuring its associates can work in a safe, quality focused environment. Our learning teams are responsible for delivering and providing safety compliance, process and onboarding training to ensure that our associates are set up for success.
As a Learning and Development Business Parner and a member of the leadership team in one of our Fulfilment Centres, your role will be to manage the learning needs of all employees in the building.
In this dynamic and challenging role, you will be very close to the action and spending time on the warehouse floor with the teams who make our Fulfilment Centres great. Amazon has seen rapid growth over the last few years and we plan to keep on growing. This means a lot of new employees to train and coach. A lot of people to help stay curious and keep learning.
In this role, we are looking for a learning professional who has the ability and initiative to understand the business needs, analyse issues and influence solutions/outcomes. We are also looking for a team player who not only leverages his/her own team to respond effectively to a variety of training scenarios, but is able to work closely with a central EU team to effectively prioritize and deploy training programs based on customer need – from training processes at scale to ongoing leader development.
This individual must be self-driven and have the capability and confidence to interface effectively with senior leaders and multiple stakeholders, both face to face and across geographies.
In this role, you will be essential to the growth and success of Amazon and our team members, from our hourly associates to our senior leaders.
· Plan, develop, deliver, and evaluate all training initiatives to develop leaders at the site, working in collaboration with the senior team and Amazon’s central Leadership function.
· To identify and align individual leadership development plans, build a catalogue of learning content according to business needs and facilitate delivery and completion of training.
· Provide coaching and feedback on leadership related topics working with leaders both in a 121s and facilitated workshops to identify leadership, coaching and management skills development opportunities.
· Collaborate with the senior management team to create and implement talent development processes, identify future talent and provide ongoing support for individual growth.
· End-to-end ownership of the associate and leader training programs at site: from needs analysis stage, to management and execution of training.
· A bachelor's degree or equivalent
· Excellent verbal and written communicator; experience in engaging multiple stakeholders
· Managed and developed a team, and achieved collective success
· Data skills and the ability to understand how Learning’s activities and responsibilities play into the metrics that drive how the site is managed
· The ability to work in fast-paced ambiguous environments, adapting quickly to changing circumstances, processes and priorities
· Experience in a technical training role; and experience using Training Needs Analysis process;
· Assessing performance gaps, analysing learning needs, designing and developing customer-centric solutions, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning programs.
· Full proficiency in MS Office
· Knowledge of Psychometric testing
· Experience in Business and Leadership Coaching
· Experience in change management and process improvement activities, designing scalable solutions and implementing these at pace and at scale.
· Familiar with instructional design principles and have created, edited and administered training content and programs.
· Experience as an HR or L&D Business Partner for an Operations focused organization.
· Ability to influence leaders at all levels to understand their role in employee development and help build their skills.
· Master’s degree in related discipline: Human Resources, Instructional Design, Organizational Psychology, Adult Education, etc.
· Fluency in additional European languages is desirable.