At Amazon, we strive to be earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We are making history and the good news is we have only just begun.
This is your chance to make history.
As an IT Technician, you will report to the IT Manager at your home site and will be responsible for working closely with the business, your colleagues and remote support teams to implement and maintain infrastructure elements. You will represent the ‘face of IT’ to the Business and you will thrive in providing world-class service to our customers.
You will be a key part of a multinational diverse team, thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Business Area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre and Logistics
The IT Operation team supports the IT Infrastructure at each of the Amazon sites and provides IT support to our customer base.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Day 1 opportunity – You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks “buy”.
· Opportunities for growth - You will have the opportunity to influence and shape the direction of our services.
· You will be part of exciting projects with the opportunity to focus and develop expertise in areas of your interest.
What we are looking for:
Putting the customers first, you will provide a 1st support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your home site as well as any remote sites that you and your team also support.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Health & Safety: ownership and accountability, ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines.
· Installation, maintenance and support of IT equipment
· Asset and Inventory management.
· Liase with 3rd party vendors and suppliers to ensure efficient asset management.
· Liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· Maximizing the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance.
· Providing technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
· Conducting end user equipment trials and testing.
· Providing assistance to senior engineers as required
· Working in shifts and support occasional changes in working hours.
· Experience in Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, basic networking troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with computers (both hardware and software)
· Customer service with demonstrable history/examples.
· Be self-motivated and able to work alone as well as part of a team.
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, with minimal guidance.
· Two years of technical (IT) exposure in an operational environment.
· Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service.
· Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
· Desire to train others and be generous with time to pass on knowledge.
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
· Ability to execute technical tasks.
· Desire to improve existing processes and procedures coupled with the ability to deliver first class service.
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome!
In addition, we expect fluency in English (Common European Framework of Reference C2), open mind, willingness to learn new skills and to be a great team player.
Valid driving licence and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.