IT Support Engineer
Job ID: 2102181
At Amazon, we strive to be earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon, has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres throughout the UK handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will ‘know how things work’ in their areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully. As no two days are the same in Amazon you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
Since we believe that diversity improves teams, we are looking for people of different gender and age and with different background and experience.
Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
· Day 1 opportunity – You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks “buy”.
· Opportunities for growth - You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, involved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
Scale New Heights- With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
· Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Professional experience in networking infrastructure and system integration.
· Experience with core Internet technologies
· Experience with IT infrastructure components
· Experience establishing what drives quality and world-class customer focus and attention to details.
What will YOU bring?
· High degree of ownership in all matters within the IT infrastructure but not limited to.
· Experience in deployment and ability to work with 3rd party vendors.
· A new and curious mind-set, always looking for changes to improve the status quo no matter how good it may be.
· A curious mind-set that always question: what we can do better. .
· A true team player that is happy to share knowledge and work together as a team to always innovate and improve how we work.
· Proven ability to lead and inspire the team to deliver on complex tasks
· Analytical skills with attention to details
· Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE), Linux (LPIC-1, LPIC-2).
· Experience in the administration of heterogeneous network environments with Microsoft Windows and Linux based clients and servers
· Experience in IT asset management and purchasing
· Advanced knowledge in handling all common network and Internet protocols
· Experience with Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN / WiFi)
· Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome! (the more the better , of course ).
In addition, we expect fluency in English (Common European Framework of Reference C2), open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit.
Valid driving licence and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
- Company: Amazon
- Location: Doncaster
- Job details: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive