General Manager's Assistant
Job ID: 2102414
We are Amazon; we pioneer. Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible
further and further. We are seeking a motivated and impeccably organised General Managers
Assistant to join our UK Fulfilment Centres, to assist and work closely with the site’s General
About Amazon’s busy Fulfilment Centres: the Operations teams that work in these facilities are
responsible for controlling our vast range of fast-moving inventory, from Inbound to Outbound
departments. They also work as smart as they can to ensure that our customers receive what they
want, when they want it, while improving processes and workflows wherever possible.
In this critical role, you will enjoy a varied and a great range of interactions daily. You will be
responsible for the coordination of engagement events across the site and manage the associated
annual budget. This exciting role will allow you to be creative in bringing your ideas and fun
initiatives to life, working with our operations teams and driving communication within the
Fulfilment Center. Whatever you find yourself focusing on, it will be aimed at delivering the highest
quality service to our internal and external customers.
Key job responsibilities
• Plan, coordinate and organise onsite employee engagement events for associates, including
competitions, celebrations and handouts, and managing associated budgets and deadlines
throughout the year.
• Plan events according to the site’s needs, prepare posters and campaigns around events and work
with stakeholders to deliver and implement site projects.
• Manage communication channels across the fulfilment centre, including newsletters, corporate
communications and site-specific message boards and feedback channels.
• Act as the site Charity Champion in the community, coordinating the site charity budget, working
with central teams to embed network initiatives alongside local charity donations and campaigns.
• Manage the network recognition programmes onsite for associates and drive participation amongst
your leadership team and associate population.
• Be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the leadership team’s travel and
administration, including diary management and recording actions of meetings and driving these to
resolution on behalf of the General Manager.
• Working closely with all support staff to build, coordinate and secure robust support and resources
for projects and initiatives.
• Welcome and coordinate visitors, on behalf of the General Manager and leadership team of the
• Experience managing events and activities for large numbers, including budget
management, supplier sourcing, oversight and delivery.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with a variety of groups such
as senior management, peers, and outside contacts.
• Ability to prioritise and deliver multiple assignments at any given time while also serving as
point of contact for a large team.
• Ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with
appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick response, and take effective action
without manager direction.
• Diary management experience at Director and/or Senior Manager level, including arranging
travel and conference calls.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
• High levels of integrity and discretion.
• Flexible and able to commit the time required to get the job done.
Previous working experience within a large scale rapid and process driven environment would be
Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Company: Amazon
- Location: Doncaster
- Job details: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive