This is a busy role responsible for
- Execution of activities to support the global supply chain for the Shredder and Binding / Laminating category in order to maximise speed to market, efficiency and cost management.
- Planning and assisting with the day-to-day materials requirements of an assigned product portfolio for Shredder and Binding, Laminating and Trimming Business Team.
- Plan and procure materials within the assigned product portfolio, ensuring the availability of good quality product to achieve defined service level targets and defined target for inventory turns and value.
In this role you will have…
- Responsibility for activities relating to the business unit’s role in the overall European supply chain, such as supplier relationships, service and inventory levels for own product areas. Includes determination of orders, issue planned orders / forecasts to suppliers and maintaining supplier profiles. Other areas including assimilating quotes and reviewing the supply chain profile through appropriate analysis.
- Determine and action daily purchase / works order / stock movement requirements. As well as monitor stock outs across the warehouses and take the appropriate action to avert service failures.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the two responsible business teams. Including being the 1st point of contact for sales / customer service for all enquiries on stock availability.
- Control and plan purchasing requirements for satellite warehouses in and around Europe.
- Assist in planning the supply chain to achieve the target service level and inventory turns objectives.
- Administer the supplier base, giving feedback on supplier performance to Vendors and Line Manager, whilst highlighting areas for improvement in costs and / or efficiencies.
- Advise Marketing on packaging claims, legal requirements and restrictions.
- Close liaison with Key Vendors to ensure supply matches demand requirements, resolving any issues with regard to outstanding orders / delivery / invoice discrepancies are met.
- Responsible for purchase order management and maintenance of orders.
- Maintain communication channels with Sales, Customer Service, Production and Business Teams and, where appropriate, external customers.
- Assist in the development of continuous improvement techniques to drive cost reductions, reduce lead times, inventory, vendor raw material and transport costs.
- Maintain data integrity in ERP Oracle system.
What you bring to the team…
- Ideally a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in planning and procurement, preferably in a fast-moving environment.
- Ideally working towards MCIPS and educated to ‘A’ level, although equivalent and relevant experience will be considered.
- Adheres to high performance standards.
- Confident and clear communication (verbal and written) skills are mandatory.
- Good prioritisation skills. Ability to monitor and reprioritise as necessary.
- Good problem-solving ability, with a flexible attitude to continuous improvement.
- Team-worker – collaborates with others to achieve common goals, whilst taking responsibility for own actions and / or areas of responsibility.
- Good standard in computer-based applications such as Microsoft Office. Proficient in Excel. In addition, experience in materials management software such as Demand Solutions (forecasting and planning), Oracle (inventory management, procurement) or related skills and competencies a plus.
- English language a necessity, whilst fluency in other European languages would be an advantage.
Our Team & Culture
Our culture encourages initiative and integrity. Our work environment is based on respect for individuals in an atmosphere of collaboration with a focus on results. Our Team is passionate about creating and delivering high quality, user friendly products for our customers and their consumers. Our team works hard to achieve our goals, supports each other during crunch time and comes together to celebrate our wins. If you love working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment, this could be the team for you!
For over 100 years Fellowes has been delivering an expanding range of innovative products. This began in 1917 with the Bankers Box Company. The business has been owned and managed by one family through four generations. Each succeeding generation has built upon the solid base of the previous generation while maintaining the timeless founding values of Initiative, Teamwork, Integrity and Passion.
Founded on a culture of continuous improvement, Fellowes Brands strives to deliver best-in-class quality and performance in records storage solutions, business machines, workspace management products, air purification and mobile technology accessories. With a commitment to bring value to the workplace from the corporate office to the home office.
Fellowes operates out of its Global Headquarters in Itasca, Illinois and 17 international subsidiaries around the world. Our UK site is based in Doncaster and this is also the Shared Service Centre for our European Operations.