At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s world-class and rapidly growing Operations network. They’re where we manage our customers’ orders using industry-leading workflows. This is how we delight our customers!
With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
About the role:
If you love a challenge, have experience in fast paced operational environments, and have a passion for learning, we want you on our team. As a member of the Learning team in our Fulfilment Centres, your role will be to plan, organize, and deliver the PIT training needs of all Amazonians in the UK. In this dynamic and challenging role, you will be very close to the action and spend time on the warehouse floor with our Associates. Amazon has seen rapid growth over the last few years and we plan to keep on growing. This means a lot of new Amazonians to train and coach. A lot of people to help stay curious and keep learning. You will be essential to the growth and success of Amazon and our team members.
There are various categories of Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Training qualifications. Category 1 (CAT1) qualifies individuals to train PIT Drivers/Operators for their own company and associated Agency employed personnel who work specifically on clearly defined company processes within that facility. Category 4 (CAT4) indicates that an individual is accredited to train CAT1 PIT trainers.
As a CAT4 PIT Tutor you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of training courses used to train (CAT1) PIT trainers. These training courses cover all types of PIT training for associates across all UK Fulfilment Centres. CAT4 PIT Tutors evaluate and refine PIT training content. They enhance techniques to improve learning effectiveness of PIT training and usage in buildings. The tutor assists in driving the success of training plans and supporting the needs of the UK Fulfilment Centre workforce.
· Working with other Amazon CAT4 PIT Tutors to create, plan, and implement the delivery of CAT1 PIT training within specified timeframes.
· Train, coach and develop the existing, and potentially new, CAT1 PIT trainers to ensure they operate to the defined standard of delivery.
· Support EU level projects with feedback and improvements
· Work with key stake holders and the EU metrics team to embed key PIT Training Metrics that ensure operational effectiveness is maximised.
· Ensure EU PIT Training Materials and training records are kept up to date.
· Provide and cultivate a positive learning experience.
· Create and analyze data on a daily basis to improve learning experience.
· Provide feedback to PIT Trainers on their delivery.
· Ensure all tests/ audits are completed and responses are tracked.
· Work with Learning Managers and Specialists on a matrix to highlight and fill gaps for PIT training.
· Support operations through the delivery of PIT training.
· Support the recruitment of CAT 1 PIT Trainers.
· Attend meetings when required and provide necessary information.
· Willing to work flexible schedules / shifts
· ITSSAR/ RTITB/ AITT/ NPORS or similar PIT CAT1 trained for over 3 years or more
· Flexibility to travel throughout the UK to train at different sites (for at least 50% of working time)
· Must either already have, or be willing to work towards, CAT4 accreditation within Amazon. Where CAT4 accreditation is not yet held the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work towards Amazon CAT4 status within 3 months or in line with expected probationary progress
· Ability to deliver PIT training, observation and coaching to the EU defined standard
· Self-motivated and able to work independently and autonomously
· Interpersonal Skills and Composure to manage key stake holders
· Well-honed communications skills, including presentation skills
· Effective time management and team work
· Experience using MS packages, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Fluent English
· Needs to speak and write the local language “correctly” as a requirement.
· Sense of confidentiality
· ITSAAR CAT4 Tutor Accreditation
· 2 years in a learning relating role
· Demonstrates a methodical approach in tasks
· A basic understanding of project management