Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to raise the bar on customer experience?
Amazon Shipping is an industry changing pick-up business, offering Amazon’s logistic and transportation capabilities as a product and service to MFN Sellers. We launched in March 2016 and are now building a team to scale Amazon Shipping at pace.
Amazon Shipping is looking to hire an analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed UK Area Manager that can drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. As a member of the UK Amazon Shipping team you will be responsible for optimizing the transportation and delivery network to meet with the strategic network plan.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team and initiative that is at the very start of its journey. You will be part of the core team that work with our Logistics sites and sellers to build a world class shipping business.
This is a Regional field based role and will involve travel to our Logistics and also Vendor sites, therefore a willingness to travel is required.
-Operational Performance Management; responsible for identification of paths to green across several KPIs, and multiple sites.
- Management of daily/weekly metrics and performance reporting.
- Ownership, deep dive and a holistic overview of the SWA supply chain; identifying defects that would impact our customers and establish robust fix to mitigate future instances.
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide resilience and business continuity planning to minimize risk to pick-up operations.
- Liaise with various teams across Amazon to define, build and deploy a product to delight our customers.
- Attend shipper locations to assist with operational blockers and path to green
· Basic Qualifications
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Experience of working within logistics, transportation or parcels environment.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thrives on autonomy.
- MS Office experience, with intermediate level in Excel.
- Experience managing data and developing performance metrics.
- Travel up to 75%
- Degree in: Engineering, Operations, Business or Logistics or related fields
- Proven experience in transportation, customer service and/or distribution environments
-Experience of change management/growth environments
-Expertise in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies