At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute over a billion shipments each year to our loyal customers. The EU Customer Fulfillment Yard Operations team is seeking Area Managers to work in our Amazon EU Fulfillment Centers and manage operations in our yards. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, we might be your perfect match. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like its day one. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and in the future. And you could be part of it.
The Yard Operations Area Manager is responsible for managing yard operations in coordination with FC Dock, Receive and Ship teams to ensure FIFO processing and mitigate CX impact risks. An ideal candidate has a background in transportation operations and has excellent program management skills. He/she has the ability to lead and mentor people; analyze data and make sound recommendations in an often ambiguous environment. One of the main responsibilities in this role is to standardize and improve processes; while analyzing and eliminating root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence change at a local (facility) and global level.
· Partner with FC leadership to improve On-time Performance of trucks in and out of yards, Safety and Customer Experience metrics
· Channelize communication between FC, Network Operations Center and Carriers to streamline flow of trucks in the yard to ensure on-time arrival and departure of trucks
· Accountable to report yard performance to the local FC leadership, identify root causes for structural issues and drive resolution with multiple stakeholders
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for associates in the yard
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and implementation of Lean tools
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs; while measuring and identifying activities performed.
· Ability to develop standard work and share best practices with our Global Transportation Operations teams
· Ability to work some weekend shifts as needed (this team provides tactical support to Amazon’s fulfillment network 7 days/week).
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
· MS Office experience required, with intermediate proficiency in Excel; Basic proficiency in SQL or Access
· Experience with performance metrics, decision making based on data and leading process improvements
· Know-how of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
· Fluency in English mandatory
· Master degree in Logistics/Supply Chain/Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical techniques is a plus
· Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts : forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.