Amazon needs help fulfilling supplies to local communities.
Hiring Positions in LBA1, LBA2, LBA3.
LBA1 - Amazon Fulfillment Centre, Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster DN4 5JS, United Kingdom
LBA2 - Amazon Fulfillment Centre, Unit 1, Iport Avenue, New Rossington, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN11 0BG.
LBA3 - Amazon Fulfillment Centre, Unit 3, Water Vole Way, Doncaster DN4 5JP
Health and safety are a top priority with all of Amazon’s roles and sites. Amazon continues to consult with medical and health experts, and take all recommended precautions in buildings and stores to keep people healthy. Amazon has taken measures to promote social distancing in the workplace and taken on enhanced and frequent cleaning, to name just a few.
The Fulfilment Centre (FC) Associate must have drive, ambition and a passion for ensuring that customers receive a first-class Amazon experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
As an FC Associate you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
• Efficiently and effectively receiving & storing goods inwards following Amazon's internal processes and procedures and using radio frequency (RF) scanners
• Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
• Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
• Accurately pick products to ensure we meet customers’ high expectations, potentially on a multi-level mezzanine
• Accurately read instructions from a scanner
• Relocate products using forklifts, pump truck and power pallet truck
• Consistently achieve Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard (MAPS) set for your department
• Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
Physical Demands - The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
• Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 12 hours per shift (standard full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
• Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours (standard full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
• Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 metres (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
• Regularly climbing and descending flights of stairs safely
Find out more about what it’s like to be an Amazon Fulfillment Associate and the processes within our European Fulfillment Centres - https://youtu.be/itfTPs52nEM
Join one of the world’s best employers - https://blog.aboutamazon.eu/amazon-ranks-2-on-forbes-worlds-best-employers-list
Successful candidates in the UK may be subject to a background check prior to employment with Amazon. For further details, please visit this link:EU background checks.